Thursday, December 15, 2011

"How's it sit? Pretty cunning, don'tcha think?"

Following an advance letter, the first gift of the exchange landed yesterday in Oklahoma, at the dwelling of my science-fiction-obsessed friend Kerry. Upon first glance, it's just a hat... but, a gal walks down the street in that hat, people know she's not afraid of anything.

IMG_1251

Below are the hat, the advance letter (to be opened after Kerry opened her gift), and the sender's card.

IMG_1258

If you don't get it (it took me a minute) it's a replica of Jayne's hat, a must have for Firefly diehards. Judging from Kerry's immediate posting to Facebook, and her single line e-mail comment to me, "[M]y gift arrived and it is FANTASTIC!" she got the reference.

I'm so glad this gift was so well received! I hope it's the beginning of a trend. To all participants, if you'd like to share your gift with the internet, feel free to send me pics, videos, and/or prose exultation when you receive your gift exchange present.

No comments:

Post a Comment