Wednesday, December 7, 2011

The Concept

Here's the deal: I recently signed up for the reddit gift exchange and was matched with a total dud, and I thought to myself, "why can't I ever get paired with an awesome secret santa?" Word on the street is, I'm not alone. So, I've decided to organize The Amazing People Gift Exchange. Everyone receiving this e-mail has been hand picked my me, all invitees are amazing people who I either hang with on a regular basis, or frequently "like" my Facebook posts. Most invitees are amazing, independent, trailblazing women, the rest are men.

Here's how it works: If you would like to participate in The Amazing People Gift Exchange, let me know by replying to this e-mail, please include your mailing address and a self description (doesn't have to be a resume, just say something honest, feel free to get existential - or not). When I roll out of bed on December 2nd, I will enter participant information into an Excel spreadsheet and begin making matches. If there is an even number of participants, everyone will be paired up (pairs exchange gifts), if the number is odd, everyone will be given different names (giftors will not be receiving gifts from their giftee, but rather another individual). In matching participants, I will do my best to match gift givers to people they've never met, but with whom I believe they share common interests. Once matches are made, I will send participants their match's name, mailing address, descriptions, and screenshots of their Facebook pages, if available. Use your internet skills to research your match and select an appropriate gift. Please send all gifts by December 16th.

Gifts needn't be expensive, only thoughtful.

Make sense?

No comments:

Post a Comment